Medical Cannabis – A Possible Treatment
Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in approximately 800K deaths worldwide. It has infected many more and instilled fear in almost everyone across the world. Scientists are working continuously to find a potential treatment or a vaccine to save the lives of people and end this pandemic as soon as possible.
One potential drug that is being studied for possibly controlling the severity of covid-19 illness is medical cannabis. The researchers in Israel are trying to establish a dose related effect of cannabis on the prevention of cytokine storm.
You can buy raw CBD oil from online CBD dispensary legally without any prescription to treat anxiety and other health disorder. JustCBD Store is a premium online market place to buy various cannabis products. They ensure quality products and transparency in the contents of the package.
How can medical cannabis help covid-19 patients?
Research is going on with different strains of CBD and scientists believe that it can be used as preventive and as a therapeutic compound as it can work on the following 2 levels to help in the fight against SARS-COV2:
- A study in Canada found that cannabis extracts can modulate ACE2 receptor expressions as a preventive methodology for covid-19.
- High levels of CBD are found to be effective in blocking ACE2 proteins and hence the gene expression to block the entry point of corona virus in the human host.
- This can prevent the virus from entering and replicating in the tissues.
- Another research in Israel found that cannabis can interfere with the communication network at the cellular level in the immune system.
- This can prove to be helpful in regulating the cytokine storm before the inflammatory cells or cytokines cause severe irreversible inflammatory lung damage.
- It could prove to be beneficial over steroids as the latter completely suppresses the immune system.